Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A rough day....

I don't have the pictures at the moment, but hopefully I'll get something relevant up soon. Monday was a rough day -- it actually started Sunday night, but really, Monday was tough. It was tougher on Bob than myself. Sunday night we got hit with an ice storm. Don't think anyone thought it would actually be an ice storm, just maybe a little snow and sleet mix. Yeah, then there was a ton of wind. Right around 10:30 to be exact. A branch (a big one) broke off one of our trees and snapped the power line the connects to our house. No neighbors affected, just us. So we sat on hold for 45 minutes with the power company to report our emergency -- that a power line was down in our front yard. Finally made it back to bed around midnight. Bob had a LONG day planned that started off with a 4:30 alarm and a 2 hour drive. On the drive, he slid into a guardrail. Now he needs a rental car. And a hotel. Praise God he's not hurt. Also in the morning our wonderful neighbor calls the power company and reports that our power line is down. When he calls, they respond! The trucks got everything fixed and we had HEAT again!! Yeah!!! So all things considered, our family is safe, so nothing else really matters. I suppose I should probably go catch up on work now......

No comments: