Sunday, August 26, 2012

Lake Arrowhead!!!!

And I'm finally catching up!! The whole reason for our trip to CA was for a week long family vacation at Lake Arrowhead. Dad and Carol found a GREAT cabin for us to rent, and we had a BLAST!!!! What could be better than 5 cousins hanging out and exploring together?!?!
 We started the week with some serious girl-time. Danielle and Ashley were treated to mani-pedis from Gramma Carol.
Ashley sporting purple fingernails and pink toenails...
Danielle imitated Gramma and got a different color on each nail.
 Beth and I took the kids to the lake 'beach' one afternoon...
We saw a cute mommy duck and her chicks....
 The beach club had floats and buckets for the kids to play with....
 And they thoroughly enjoyed themselves!
 Danielle got in some swimming...
 And that evening the kids were all tuckered out. We went out for pizza and then wandered around the village. By the time we got back to the car, we tried to take a picture.....but NONE of them wanted to cooperate....
 I don't remember the story behind this one, but I'm sure there was one!
 Gramma Carol also had a birthday party for Danielle on the 4th....since Julie and Jeff and Linda were coming up, we decided more party would be good!
 How awesome is this cake?!?! Carol is amazing!!!!
 Each day Gramma and Grandpa took one of the kids for some one on one time. We called it their special day. On Ashley's day, Carol had tons to do for everyone coming up (it was the 4th), so I got to fill in! She fed the ducks with Grandpa...
 ...rode the train ride at Lollypop Land...
 ...and here she is showing off her "free-B" that the ride operator gave her.
 Then back to finish up with party prep! The girls helped make cake pops!!
 Happy Birthday to YOU!!!
 I don't remember the story of this one either, but with the face Beth is making, I had to include it!
 Carol also got us all "My Family Rocks" t-shirts. We wore them into town one morning and took Dad and Carol out for breakfast for their 5-year anniversary!
 Love you, DLS!
 Grandpa with his grandkids!
Gramma with her grandkids!
And Gramma with silly goof-balls!!

No comments: