Sunday, July 31, 2011

....the missing week of VBS!

There's a week of our lives missing here. It was for VBS!!! We had a great time....and were so busy that neither of us had a camera. Probably a good idea in Bob's case as he led the outdoor games....and they involved water. Sometimes LOTS of water. I did hear that there were some cute pictures of the girls and us, but I haven't been able to track them down. So here's a general idea of what each day looked like during VBS:
7:30 - make sure Bob and I are out of bed. (This is a big deal as I've stayed up WAY too late preparing for Rowdy Wrap-Up.)
7:50 - get the girls out of bed. (Another big deal as they usually get out of bed around 8:30.) Get everyone downstairs for breakfast....and coffee. Lots of coffee.
8:15 - get everyone in the car. Make sure Bob and I BOTH have whatever we prepped the night before. Make sure the kids actually get buckled in as we're a bit distracted.
8:30 - be at church. Drop Ashley off with Tricia and the toddler(s). Drop Danielle off with Maria to learn some of the songs and motions. Go to volunteer devotions. Remember to make whatever announcements need to be made. Find homes for everyone there that day....ask for patience many, many times. Try not to look like a deer in the headlights. Remember to smile!
9:00 - make sure all the kids checking in go to the right group, check with leaders to make sure they have all the materials they're supposed to have. Remember to stop freaking out and go to the front following the singing and open in prayer and dismiss the kids and make any announcements needed.
10:00-11:15 - track down whatever materials I need for Rowdy Wrap-Up and recruit volunteers from Bob's team. Remember to tell the recruits what they're doing and when. Don't panic. Try to be helpful. Copy the next day's newsletter.....make sure it's finished. Line up someone to close the day in prayer.
11:35-12:00 - Rowdy Wrap-Up! Have fun leading the kids through what they learned that day. Be goofy. Have fun. Have someone close in prayer. Turn OFF the wireless microphone. Stuff the crew bags with the next day's newsletters. 
Go home and have lunch. 
Finish the next newsletter. Start prepping the next day's Rowdy Wrap-Up. 
Sleep.
Repeat. 
For 5 days.
I was exhausted. Bob was tired. Danielle was totally excited. Ashley learned to not have a morning nap. 
Good times!

No comments: