Most of the time, I like the wind. At night however.....I am afraid of the wind. Guess what? It's windy tonight -- thus I cannot fall asleep. I am constantly plagued by fears that the trees will fall on top of us, or a branch will rip the power line off the house (again), or any lovely myriad of sleepy-time fears my brain invents. You might ask where Bob is when this happens to me. The answer is simple. Snoring. How it doesn't bother him, I have no idea. Therefore I will do what I have done for years when I am afraid at night: I will sing through all of the Sunday School songs I can remember from when I was little. I sing those same songs to my girls when they wake up afraid, or when they're sick, or when they just need some extra cuddle-time. So, starting with the 'A' songs.....
A certain man of whom we read
Who lived in days of old,
Though he was rich he felt his need
Of something more than gold.
Oh, yes oh, yes there's something more,
Something more than gold!
To know your sins are all forgiven
Is something more than gold!......
(I will now try to continue, but from my bed. Good Night!)
No comments:
Post a Comment